THE SECRET TO FALLING ASLEEP
Are you one of those people who lie in bed every night, unable to get to sleep? For some the problem is coffee, or the effects on the body of food eaten too soon before going to bed. But for most, it is because, rather than do what they went to bed for, they spend that time reviewing troublesome events of the day or those expected in the days ahead.
What most worriers don’t realize is that (a) there is nothing you can do about what has already been done and certainly not while you’re lying in bed, and (b) much of what troubles us is out of our control or area of responsibility, and (c) Whatever it is can wait until tomorrow.
Here is my method for falling to sleep:
- As you sit at the edge of your bed, rub your face as though you were washing it with both hands. This will help prevent those little itches that pop up on the face and distract from the mission.
- Find a comfortable position in bed, keeping in mind that after you fall asleep you will automatically move around to relieve pressure.
- Hold that position absolutely without moving. Not even a twitch or a change of any kind. If you move even the slightest bit you will have to start over.
- Now, close your eyes and picture in your mind a large black dot or blob. Keep your mind riveted on that mass. If you find your thoughts wandering, bring them back to the blackness with no distracting images within it.
- Wake up the next morning feeling refreshed.
Find Steve at:
Facebook [link to page tk]